Friday, July 3, 2009

Back to Horseshoe Canyon Ranch (my second home)

Admittedly, I've slacked back quite a bit on the blog front over the last couple of weeks. Many things on the mind, but lacking the desire to put them to the keyboard.

I'm relaxing at Lake of the Ozarks here in Missouri on the 3rd of July at my sister's place on the lake. The past couple of weeks have been good. Good business. Staying busy. Enjoying the freedom that comes along with working for myself.



But it's time to start writing and posting a bit more.

Wednesday evening I met Jeremy Collins and Jesse Gross, two buddies from Kansas City, at Horseshoe Canyon Ranch for a bit of climbing on the steep sandstone in the canyon. This is where I put on my annual 24 Hours of Horseshoe Hell event, and it was nice to get back to visit the place and to see Barry and all the people at the ranch.



Although the trip was short, we had a killer time and I even found some time to shoot some portrait work, some climbing, and even some ranch photos for Barry, who is working on revamping the Ranch's website.

The next couple of days holds wakeboarding, eating, hanging, and some pedaling. I'll check in later.

Take a gander at the photos of OUR RANCH TIME

1 comment:

Ranski said...

Glad to see you blogging again...I was starting to get curious about how your new life as a "pro" is going.

So did you use your 50mm 1.8 for the portraits of Jer & Jesse?

As always, ncie stuff.