Friday, March 13, 2009

Amsterdam

Sodom and Gomorrah.

Bo and I have spent the last couple of days in what I would describe as a city in which you can do whatever you please. I'm not even sure I know how to describe the place any other way. Prostitution is rampant, and legal. Drugs are on every corner, and legal. The party is always on.



But Amsterdam is also a beautiful city rich in culture, with history and character. Crowded cobble streets, great restaurants, and bicycle commuters everywhere you turn. This self proclaimed "most bicycle friendly city in the world" lives up to it's name. Thousands of bikes line each street. Everyone rides a bike. Men in business suits, women in dresses, young gents on the way to the club, mom pulling the trailer of kiddos to the grocery store. Being a bicycle commuter myself, this was a beautiful and much appreciated sight.



Staying true to our plans, or lack there of, Bo and I mostly wondered the city streets looking for cool sights and just taking in the culture. Streets in Amsterdam are very confusing and we routinely found ourselves lost.

I have so many things running around in my mind that I want to share, but it'll have to wait for later. We have made our way to Brussels, Belgium and have found many new places to see. I'll check in again soon, but I'll leave you with some Amsty photos and captions to go with them. Cheers....

Here is a crazy little contraption on the street corner. Well, I'll let you look for yourself.



Bo and alleys, they just go together









Coffee shops in Amsterdam are also drug shops where you can pick up your favorite mind alterer. This "coffee shop" had a bit of an American twist to it's name.



Amsterdam Architecture















4 comments:

Calvary Chapel Shawnee said...

Really cool of you to take us with you via pictures and blogging.
Steve Brown

The Lucas said...

dude. good stuff... hanging in Bishop until we start the riot tomorrow.

You need to start makin photo galleries if you are gonna post so many photos! Get with it hombre!

password: wines

hey Chad said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
hey Chad said...

Dude, I think you were born to take photos. The jealousy is overwhelming. Thanks for taking me along on your trip through your blog. I'm hoping to just make it Arkansas or Texas this season so seeing London is nice.