Wednesday, January 14, 2009

the world is flat

I have been debating for quite some time about the validity of me posting on topics other than trip reports and photography. Is there really anyone out there that cares about my day to day life? Does anyone care about what I think? Who am I to write about politics or religion and expect someone to take time out of their day to come read about it? I originially only intended to share to "the world" my journeys and photos, however something within me wants to talk more regardless of how many are listening.

I had a good email conversation with my father yesterday regarding my thoughts. Dad is a strong writer, has thousands of followers to his site, and obviously is a big believer in the movement of blogging. I also respect the heck out of him, more than anyone I've ever known. So naturally I listen to what he says.

His written words from an email cut me deep: "You are writing well, keep it up. Isn't the Internet a great tool to express yourself to the whole wide world? I think so. Just 10 or 12 years ago it was virtually impossible to publish your thoughts without a book contract or some sort of publishing outlet, not so any more! That's why I say.....Keep blogging! Just write about life. Somebody's out there listening."

He's right. The World is Flat. We can reach people like never before through our wonderful digital world. So I'm gonna start talkin.

10 comments:

Biker Bob/Runner Bob said...

We are listening. Well, at least some of the time. ;-)

EB said...

Great Stuff Bro!

Much respect from a loser like me-

Ranski said...

Go for it...I probably have 5 "draft" blog post on subjects outside of anything related to adventures and photography...that frankly I have been hesitant to push the "Post" button.

I eagerly await your thoughts and opnions!

JPF said...

go for it man

furry said...

preach it, brutha

Practical Traci said...

we are listening! i look forward to your future postings.

Austin said...

Go for it! I'm going by this weekend to check out the photos, can't wait!

Unknown said...

Nope, not listening . . . wait! What am I responding to? Carry on then, mate!

clayster said...

The world may be flat to some...but to others your stories let the imiganation run and create shapes of their own. Keep everyone on their toes!

J V said...

all those little random connections add up.