Tuesday, January 13, 2009

you are lazy

I had this long, detailed rant typed up about how lazy we are as a people. I had statistics to show, reasons why we should get off our tailbones and do something, and catchy "green" phrases to help motivate us into pedaling somewhere instead of gas guzzling.

But I deleted it all and started over. Sometimes it's just best to get to the point.

Ride your bike somewhere. Stop plopping your growing backside into the plush seats of your car and ride your bike. To the neighbor's house down the street. To the grocery store. To work. To lunch. To church. To the gym. To the game.

Do it once. See how it feels.



8 comments:

randallbpink said...

nicepants...

5Kgoatgirl said...

The seat on the bike makes my ..well...anyway..."area" feel like I am sitting on the campfire, so I will run instead.

Andy Chasteen said...

There ya go Amy. I guess you could easily substitute the Bike with Run. Nice.

JPF said...

lets hear some of those statistics and those 'green' phrases. we need them. also, where are you riding in that picture...north of downtown? just a guess.

Andy Chasteen said...

I was riding down Main Street in Bricktown around 1 pm.
I really did have a nice little post typed up but deleted it. It was mostly ranting about the "Rack Up" program developed and implemented by the City of Oklahoma City to encourage people to ride their bikes more. They spent $20,000 to install bike racks all over the downtown area about 5 months ago and I've yet to see a bike chained to a rack down here. It's kinda sad.
I could go on and on....

Biker Bob/Runner Bob said...

Ride to Church. Hmm... I'll have to try that. It would give a bit more time to ride on Sunday mornings. I'll just have to work on finding clothes that wouldn't offend anyones sensibilities.

EB said...

PEDALPEDALPEDALPEDALPEDALPEDALPEDALPEDALVPEDALPEDALPEDALPEDALPEDALPEDALPEDAL

Unknown said...

ride a bike, huh? easy for you to say, the only outdoor activity we have going on is shoveling...lots of shoveling...