Thursday, November 13, 2008

Kill things, then run.


I leave this afternoon for a long weekend trip up to Missouri. Every year in November the "fellas" in the family convene at the 500 acre Chasteen farm in southwest Missouri, just east of Springfield. Gramp's place is beautiful rolling hills with thick wooded countryside; and filled with DEER. It's a blasty blast of a time with Grandpa, Dad, Uncle Bobby and my brother. Early morning coffee, brisk country air, and the thrill of the hunt. The problem is, I can't shoot to save my life. My four shots unloaded last year yielded zero deer carcasses. I'd say my chances for 2008 aren't much better.


The Tulsa Marathon happens on Sunday at 8 am sharp. Following the deer massacre (lighten up, they are overpopulated anyway), I'll be jetting to Tulsa on Saturday evening in hopes of finding a spot close to the starting line to squat for the evening. I haven't ran even one mile in approximately a month so I'm wondering what my chances are of finishing???

Wish me luck.

2 comments:

5Kgoatgirl said...

You and Barry have the same work out plan it sounds like to me.

And I love to deer hunt, they taste good. :)

Unknown said...

Running up walls counts double, and crossfit quadruple. "Fight gone bad," baby!