Monday, November 17, 2008

One for Two

50% is pretty good when you are batting in baseball but not so hot in grade school.

I was unable to knock off a deer this past weekend, nor was I even able to see one for that matter. I think I might have been too busy text messaging my brother Jon to see if he had seen anything. Regardless, it was a great time of family fellowship. The weather was cold, windy and flurried the entire time. Perfect. Jon got a fat 8-pointer and my dad snagged a trim and fit 6 pointer that actually looked like the better eating. So I'm putting in on the processing costs so I'll have some meat for the year.

Saturday night Nicki and I took off for Tulsa. I was wasted tired so we decided to stop at the McDonalds over the Will Rogers Turnpike to crash in the car for the evening. Up early Sunday morning to finish the trip into T-Town where we met up with some great friends, one of whom was running in the marathon as well. The good news is I killed the marathon in 3:49:42. I had purposefully not ran in a month for a little experiment to see if I could even finish. I know, very foolish. But it worked and I live to tell another story.

This really ended up being more of a trip report, so I'll go ahead and post pics.... Thanks to Nicki for snapping a good deal of these shots.


The Farm


Grandpa and I


In my stand




Dad with the kill


Trusty farm truck transportation

Tulsa Marathon



3 comments:

furry said...

Glad you had that vest on to keep your chest warm, you never know when a really narrow cold front could come in. Hehehe.

5Kgoatgirl said...

Congrats on finishing the big race and the great time.

Andy Chasteen said...

Murry, what vest are you referring to? I bet you are wearing a vest right now on Moonlight Buttress; a sweater vest.