Friday, February 6, 2009

50 Eve

Sitting in a Huntsville hotel.

Tomorrow at 7 am I'll embark on a new journey into the unknown. I've ran marathons, many 100+ mile road races, and 24 endeavors. But I've never ran 50 miles. Not sure how the ole body will hold up to that.

I gotta say I'm super excited to see what happens. It's so enlightening to see how far you can push the human body and mind till it completely breaks down.



We spent Friday night at Charlie's in Dallas. Slept in. Walked down to Victory Plaza for a cup-a-joe, hit up a glorious running store named Luke's, then lunch at Burger Bar and a drive by into West Village Bicycles......then a quick jet down I-45 into the tall pines of Huntsville.





So I'm sitting here in the hotel room with Lucas, Kyle and Charlie. Psyched to run this thing in the morning.

I'll keep you posted.....

3 comments:

Bronco said...

Nice road trip pic, basically, the only reason I say that is b/c my glasses are the focal point and they are RAD! Lucas you better freaking run in those things!!! Good luck boys, I hope you cry at the end.

Campus Life said...

Its great having friends like you, you run and push your body enough for the both of us!! keep up the good work and let me know how it went.

5Kgoatgirl said...

It is 12:02 p.m. so you are probably out there somewhere running around hopfully not thinking "what the heck am I doing out here?" at least not yet...good luck and we look forward to your report.