Monday, February 2, 2009

take a light : go fast

I had an experience last night......

Intense. Adrenaline. Whipping in and out of the trees in the dark, missing dislocations and broken bones by inches. Sounds in the woods spike heart rate. Lungs grasping for air in the cold night. Brain focusing, and every bit of being is fixed on pure concentration. Tunnel vision follows the light onto dirt, stumps, rocks and blurred trees.

I know there are a select few of you who know what I'm talking about; have experienced and felt the above.
For those who have not, go mountain biking on a crisp cold night.
Take a light.
Go fast.

2 comments:

EB said...

uhh... I want your body in my supple hands to form like claymation.

Give em hell at the Rocky Racoon!

Andy Chasteen said...

EB, you definitely know what I'm talking about!