Sunday, February 1, 2009

Pedaling bliss with Nic

Oklahoma City spent the entirety of last week in a cold, white wonderland of beautiful wintery goodness. Now I know a lot of you would disagree with me, but I loved every bit of it. I relish the difficult elements and the change it brings our lives. Keeps us on our toes, if you will...

It also makes you appreciate days like Saturday. That morning, Chris Marks and I made the short trip up to Lake McMurtry near Stillwater for a little mountain bike action with some guys. Gave me the chance to measure up my skills on my new single speed trail blazer. The dirt was in great shape and it gave way for fast riding.

The cool brisk morning gave way to a warm mid 60's afternoon, so when I scooted back into OKC Nicki and I decided to get out and go for a fun filled bike ride through some different districts of Oklahoma City. It was going to be an afternoon-long outing for us, eating and riding and stopping and hanging and riding and taking in the nice weather.

We decided to start by pedaling down into the shaded streets of the city scape and then heading north, through Mid Town and into Heritage Hills gandering at the upscale historic neighborhoods as we went. Then through the Paseo arts district and on north to the Sushi Neko area on Western. Nicki closes on her new house near Sushi Neko in about a week so we rode by her new place, took a celebratory snap shot on her new porch and made up ideas for her to make the place "hers". We hit Neko, then decided to book it back to the Paseo where we stopped in on the patio of Sauced and had a piece of their classic New York pizza. They had a sweet Motherbike bike rack that caught my eye, so I snapped off a couple frames on it and we were on our way back towards the big city buildings. Nicki fiercely braved the south wind beating me in a sprint to the 4th street light, and into downtown where we stopped and messed around with the camera in front of One Leadership Square.

All in all, a great day of pedaling. We laughed and sang (I sang) and ate, and Nicki even snapped some nice shots of me for a blog that I have been meaning to do for Mountain Khaki for their ambassador program. Score.

Words don't do enough justice (especially when they are coming from me), here's the visual...





























1 comment:

JPF said...

nice pics! no helmets though...hmmmmm