Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Kansas City

This past weekend I had the opportunity to make a trip up to Kansas City to attend the book signing for the most gifted artist I've ever known. Jeremy Collins, a great friend of mine, has more talent in his nose hairs than I do in my entire being. His studio is a mess....with geniusnous. Hey, it's a word to me and it explains what I'm feeling so whatever. Anyway, before I go any further go out and take a look at Jer's site and be prepared to puke excellence after seeing his work. www.jercollins.com

So Nicki and I make the trip up to visit Jer and the many other close friends who have convened in his house for the weekend visit.

I have been known to occasionally spew way too many words when it could have been said so much easier with less words than I have used but for some reason I feel like I need to explain myself so much more than I should, so with that I'll Cliff Note this post with the following so I can post some photos:
Kansas City is such a sweet place and one of the top places I'd like to live. Thanks to Jesse Gross for taking Lucas and I on a great trail run and tour (on our bikes) through all the cool districts and sights of KC. Thanks to my sis for making the short drive into the city on Sat morning to run the Kris Kringle run with me. Much thanks to Dick Dower for opening his house and massive bouldering wall to us all on Saturday afternoon for a killer climbing sesh. And the most thanks goes to Jer and his wife Trish for putting up with me, Nicki, Jarod, Lucas, Jason and Eric at their house all weekend. Such a great time!

And now the visual:


Jer's book signing and art gallery premier


Jer sellin it


Lucas snappin

The big day of work at Dick Dower's bouldering heaven:


Kappy giving Dick a kiss, huh?


Jarod


Big Lucas


Jer





Sunday morning I went out to watch Eric compete in the 2008 Cyclocross National Championships and completely got caught up with my camera. I'm psyched about the photos, and am currently processing them. I'll post them soon. Here is a sneak peek:

No comments: